- Provide opportunities for walking, hiking, jogging, bicycling, horseback riding, nature observation, snow shoeing, cross country skiing, and snowmobiling along a former canal towpath and rail bed.
- Increase access to and encourage recreational use of the Genesee River.
Natural Resource Protection
- Protect, promote, and link canal and other historic and cultural resources along the Greenway corridor
- Protect natural resources and maintain habitat linkages in the Greenway corridor
- Increase community knowledge of Greenway-related local and natural history
- Stimulate economic development through promotion of tourism and Greenway trail-related businesses
- Encourage creation of safe linkages between communities and the trail
Happening on the Greenway
About 30 participants in the north met at Canawaugus Park in Scottsville for an easy 2-mile round trip hike going north on the Greenway along both wooded and pastoral scenes.